Friday 28 February 2014

Pressies!

I turned another year older about a week ago and, aside from a very nice meal with the other half, the two highlights were hobby-related and very pleasant surprises. 

The first is a Laser Cut MDF Paint Rack from Sphere Products, designed to hold the old style GW hex pots (which make up most of my ageing paint collection). It was a little fiddly to assemble (involving tiny nuts, bolts and washers, with chunky, clumsy fingers and an inability to understand diagrams) but it's a nice size with a large capacity for pots (more than enough for my needs anyway - I thought I had more paints than this!) and that lovely burnt MDF smell as an added bonus! 

With any luck, this will keep my hobby table a bit more permanently organised and prevent me from "spreading" over time as I usually do.


The second, and most unexpected, was a Dual-Action Airbrush and Compressor! A great find by my Dad on eBay, although I can't find any details or instructions for the airbrush itself which is slightly vexing. Even though I'm incredibly excited to have an airbrush and can't wait to get it out and play, I'm also absolutely terrified of breaking it and/or being unable to clean it properly after playing with it, and so it's staying in its box until I've done some proper research into how to go about using it without breaking it, painting the furniture (or a cat) or giving myself asthma, or growing a second head or something. 


So, any advice, tips or tricks from you experienced airbrush users out there would be most welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment