Sunday 31 July 2011

Signs of Life...

Just to confirm that I am still alive and kicking. Production has ceased in HobbyLand over the past fortnight as a combination of real-life priorities, events and general procrastination have kicked in for the summer. It's about time I got my backside into gear though - the Asrai.org Miniature Exchange is now past the halfway point, and I have to finish my figure before August 21st. The Dystopian Wars fleet is sitting half-undercoated and has been for quite some time; I washed them three or four times before painting, and they still seem to have oily residue all over them which makes them incredibly frustating to try and get paint to stick. In the end, I put them down and gave up. Maybe a couple of weeks of neglect has made them more cooperative?

Anyway, I ended up in HobbyCraft today (probably my favourite shop in the world, just for all the random bits and bobs you can find!) and decided that it would be a good idea to buy a nice big box to fill with yet more wargames stuff. It's a 10 litre clear box about 3.5" deep, and it will hopefully be ideal to put all my Skaven in (rather than having them in about half a dozen various cardboard boxes under the bed). Once I got it home, I set about sticking a load of steel paper to the bottom and now it's all ready to hold my little ratmen. I'm a bit dubious whether the Rat Ogres will quite manage to squeeze in, and the Doomwheel definitely won't, but unfortunately the next size of box was about 6" deep and I'd have ended up with most of that as wasted space. Still, it will be perfect for pretty much everything else. Now I just need to start magnetising the figures...

No comments:

Post a Comment