Tuesday 3 May 2011

It's been a while...

Well, as predicted back in my last post, things have been pretty hectic over the past two weeks. Now we're all stuffed full of chocolate eggs and are thoroughly sick and tired of royal weddings though, things will hopefully start getting back to normal!

Unfortunately, work has meant that painting and hobby time in general has been non-existent so I don't have anything new to show off. However, there are a couple of new things to talk about

Return of the Tomb Kings

The Tomb Kings are on the horizon with a new army book and a host of new figures. I pre-ordered my copy of the army book, and I was pretty exciting to receive a nicely sized cardboard box from Games Workshop this morning. I just had time for a quite flick through before heading off to work. First impressions are that it's a very nice book in and of itself - lavishly detailed, full colour and (most importantly) a strong hardback cover! I'm hoping to give a more detailed review once I've had time to have a proper readthrough, but so far I'm not disappointed.

War on the Franco-Austrian Border

Yes, I'm talking about Napoleonics. There are plans afoot to run a small narrative "border skirmish" campaign between French and Austrian forces. The campaign will be a series of linked scenarios - unfortunately, I can't remember the exact details of where the scenarios have come from (some magazine/book or other), but I'll find out. Either way, I'm very much looking forward to it. Hopefully, we'll be getting underway this week (the first time I've managed to get down to the club for about two months...). In the meantime, I'm going to try and get a few more troops painted up before the first game! I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment