Wednesday 19 January 2011

Some more painting progress, and other stuff...

 First up, I played my first game of the A5 Campaign last night! Blood Bowl against the other half's Orcs. I actually took notes with the intention of writing the game up in a full report, so I might do that a bit later in the week. All in all, it was a hard-fought 1-1 draw. I narrowly escaped a 2-1 loss, with the Orcs failing to capitalise on three great chances to score the winner in the last few turns of the game. Lucky me...


In other news...

I've had a fair bit of free time over the past couple of days, so have managed to get quite a bit done (for me...)

So far I've touched up the black on about half of the pikemen - 24 down, 27 to go! I probably could have got through more of them but I've been a bit distracted by other things....







Yes, that's right - I've started playing with the Doomwheel I bought about four or five months ago. I've got to say, this is one of the most intricate kits I've ever assembled, and it's gorgeously detailed - a real painter and modellers kit. It will make a great centrepiece model for my burgeoning Skaven army (more on that later).

I've assembled the model into several different sub-assemblies to ease the painting process; the three main sections are the two wheel and the main chassis, but there are about seven or eight other smaller assemblies as well (just to give you an idea of just how many pieces this model has...)



It's now perhaps a third of the way through painting. Everything looks bright and shiny clean, but that will soon change with the liberal application of Devlan Mud! The two wheels are essentially complete, the main chassis still needs quite a bit of work and then the small sub-assemblies (except for the wheel rats) need pretty much everything painting. So far though, I'm having great fun putting this together and painting it - it really is a fab model. I might even look into getting a second one if this one turns out well....

Anyway, what was that I was saying earlier about my "burgeoning" Skaven army? Up until yesterday I had 120 Clanrats, 8 Rat Ogres plus a few weapon teams and characters. Well...now I have 200 Clanrats and 10 Rat Ogres. Oh, and a Ratling Gun. In my defence, it was a fantastic bargain - 80 Clanrats for £25? Yes please! That's 70% cheaper than buying the same figures from GW, and you can't argue with that!


And now for something completely different

Well, it's my birthday in about four weeks (another year older...), and the other half was asking what present I wanted. I told her I'd think about it (in reality, it was more a case of picking which present I wanted most from my extensive wishlist). After much debate, I plumped for the Warhammer: Invasion LCG Core Set. It's something I've wanted to get into for a while now; I tried to pick up a copy at Games Day last year, but FFG had sold out of the Core Sets by the time I got there.

Anyway, a copy of the Core Set is now winging its way towards the Midlands with my name on it. The downside is I can't open it and play for the best part of a month, so in the meantime I'm going to be trawling the internet to find out which Battlepacks I should buy next...

No comments:

Post a Comment