Monday 13 December 2010

Not much progress...

Well, it's been a couple of days since the last post. Unfortunately, those few days have been largely unproductive due to work and a few other commitments. Still, I've made a little bit of progress...

I've started assembling the three Raging Heroes models I've got (Syl-Iriah, Asharah and Eleriel & Alaniel) and prepping them for painting to commence some time this week. I've also picked out three 40mm Greek Heroes from the unpainted masses and have them sat on my paintdesk ready to go. I've signed up for Da Warpath's unofficial Advent Challenge (where members volunteer to paint one figure start to finish in one day, every day up until Christmas). My day is Thursday 16th, so I thought I'd paint one of the Greeks. I'm not sure how well it will turn out, but it will be interesting to try and finish a whole figure in just 24 hours! Of course, I could just pick a rank-and-file model to speed paint and get it done in just a few hours, but I'd like to push myself and see if I can get a figure done to a decent standard in the time allowed. Theoretically, a Greek hero should be fairly easy to paint (just a bit of flesh, a bit of bronze and then a few details!) but we'll see how it goes on the day...

In other news, I still haven't finished those Aquan heavy cruisers but they had their first outing last Thursday at games night. Fought an 800pt battle against Sorylians which resulted in a very hard-fought "losing draw". At the time we ended the game, we were more or less even but another turn would have seen the Sorylians edge the victory so I suppose I should be glad we ended when we did! It might not have been a win, but it was a damn sight easier than fighting Dindrenzi!

Anyway, I'll hopefully be back tomorrow with pictures of the models I hope to get started on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment